My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

What does a kiss on the cheek mean?

Ryann and I had a good talk on Sunday night I told her that I needed her to communicate with me what she was feeling because I was starting to struggle with... well this is how it was, when we would be sitting and I would have my arm around her, after a while, I would get the thought "what if she doesn't love me?" I have told her I love her on a few occasions and her response has been that she did know what she wants. This was getting hard. I need to know more of what she is thinking and feeling. Sunday night she told me and it was helpful, and gives me more hope.

In Sunday school Bill had given everyone some mistletoe and this lead us to a discussion about kissing, she said that sometimes she wants to kiss me but doesn't know if she is ready. During our talk sunday night I had the thought/ desire that I should kiss her; then she could figure it out.

I didn't kiss her. That is not how I do things.

Wednesday morning I went to see her and on my way, I thought "I should give her a kiss."

I happen to have strong opinions about this sort of thing. Hugs are free, they mean hello or good bye and are a token of friendship. Holding hands means I like being with you and I am comfortable having you close to me. A kiss means "I love you" if I can't say it to a girl I won't kiss her. Sex is only for after marriage, and means something deeper than "I love you."

I have never really worked out what a kiss on the cheek means, but Wednesday morning as I was leave I kissed Ryann on the cheek. As I write this I guess that means my half of the I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryann Pinnegar said...

Kisses on the cheek are very special. I like your interpretation of them.

December 20, 2007 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! Love the blog. Alice just sent me the link.
about the hugging/kissing thing-Chris felt the same way when we were dating. and yes, he was ready to say "i love you" and kiss long before i was. poor boy had to be patient with me. it was well worth the wait, though, for both of us.

February 08, 2008 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home