My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Amulek

I have been thinking a little bit about Amulek.

He was not what we'd think of as an "active member of the church" but I assume that for the most part he was righteous. Then he saw an angel. It didn't tell him to repent; only to go and feed someone. The Lord trusted Amulek to do as he was commanded. from that point forward Amulek testified of the goodness and power of God. There were still many things he learned but he went and did whatever the Lord asked him and had great faith.

I want to be like that. I want the Lord to trust me enough to say "go and help this person" and know that I will do it. Amulek had to sacrifice everything he had (he was forced to flee the city and then it was destroyed) but he never complained. His faith is an inspiration to me.