My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ah, breakfast

Saturday morning I got to take Ryann out to breakfast.

The plan was that I should arrive at 9:00 and by that time she would be awake and prepared to face the day. Although she was awake and dressed, Ryann was not prepared to face the day at 9:00 so we started slow: we took the dog for a walk.

Ryann's grandparents house backs up to a pleasant little park and we went out through their gate right into the park. We spent a little while watching the small children play soccer on fields reduce to their scale, a thing which alway amuses me. We then sat on a cold park bench for a few minutes and dealt with the socialization of dogs in parks. By the time we got back to the house Ryann was ready for breakfast.

We chose to walk rather than drive the two blocks to the neighborhood diner, since it was such a pleasant fall morning. We arrived shortly and were seated in the busy little breakfast shop. Ryann had French Toast and I had scrambled eggs with biscuit and gravy, we were both very content after our meal and the walk home was most pleasant.

I am a big believer in the efficacy of breakfast dates, and this one was combined with one of my other favorite dates: going for a walk. It was a most enjoyable morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home