My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Auto Repair

I have a goal relating to self reliance and that is that I learn to work on my own car. A trip to the mechanic's shop is always a pretty big hit to the wallet and it is nice to be able to do things for yourself. But, I have not previously been overly interested in cars so I have only a rudimentary knowledge of principals and no actual experience. So it was kind of exciting for me today to take the cracked radiator out of my car today and put the new one in all by myself. Dad was around and I did ask him a couple of questions and use his tools but I did all the work.

I bought my car knowing it would need some work but it seemed like a good car to learn about fixing cars. I feel good about today and the radiator was the most pressing issue with the car. After my next pay day I think I will do an oil change and tune-up including changing the belt, because that is next on the list of things my car needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home