My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, October 29, 2007

At Parents.

Though I have only lived with them a few weeks out of the past seven years one can reliably find me at my parent's house on sundays. The why is about 25% because I love them and 75% because it is nye onto impossible to beat whatever mom is cooking. Well maybe those numbers are off.

Tonight mom had made roast beef and mashed potatoes, very tasty! L.B. and Genvieve joined us while Ryann and Crystal declined.

After diner and once the little people were in bed parents and I had a talk about many things mainly centered on the gospel and my spiritual goals and what I have learned as I struggle towards them. We talked about the temple in particular, as well as personal revelation and the fact that God serves his children by prompting us to be where we are most needed. As I related one of my experiences from this week with them I was completely overwhelmed by emotion. It was good for me to have the chance to talk in depth with someone about what I have been feeling and the revelations I have received. I also listened as dad shared some of his recent challenges and growing experiences form the high council.

After mom went to bed dad and I got started with politics and talked for another hour and a half or so. Our conversation revolved around the idea that during a presidential primary there is the struggle between voting for the most relevant candidate and the one that most closely represents your own ideology. I talked about why I am ideologically a libertarian but registered republican, and how I reconcile some of the more radical ideas of the libertarians with my religious convictions. We also discussed Mitt Romney and why I don't want him to be president (it has nothing to do with his politics and everything to do with my religion) and Giuliani and who his running mate will be (dad and I both figure he will end up getting the nod). As well as theories of international relations and the election strageties of both parties over the past few decades. Then we saw the time and dad said goodnight and I came back to my apartment.

Maybe even more than moms cooking is the fact I can have nice long conversations with people I care about, and who love me even when I sound a bit crazed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home