My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Fern Greenwood

This morning I went to the funeral services for Fern Greenwood. I was somewhat reluctant to go, at first, but it was a lovely service that brought back to me the wonderful childlike person she was, and I am now very glad that I was there.

Last night I was thinking about the Lords instructions to the faithful that we visit the widow and the orphan. At the time I was thinking about who they where, in our society the widow and orphan are not in the same situation as those long ago. It occurred to me that the council is to reach out not just to the poor but also the lonely and poor in spirit. Though I am blessed by my relationship with Dru and I always feel good about the time I spend with her, Arlene Sprout is in much more need of company and companionship, but I don't visit Arlene because I am less comfortable with her. The time I spent with Fern was not always comfortable but in retrospect I gained so much perspective from it. Today I am made aware anew that it is not just the widow and orphan who are blessed when we visit them, but we are blessed as well.

At baptism we make the covenant to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, this is what visiting the widow, the orphan, the sick, and the afflicted is really about, it is the Lords work and when we do it we will be blessed. what does this mean to me: I need to visit Arlene.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow no one told me that Fern had died I am Sorry that she has but she lived a good life and I feel that I am writing all those [cleche], trite things that end up not meaning much of anything at all but I am sorry that I couldn't be there.
E.P.
[ ]=it is probably spelt wrong and the context might be wrong too.

October 18, 2007 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visiting her is a kind thing to do.
Don't give her your phone number.
Ask Solo why.

October 25, 2007 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home