My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

arcata

I have an a signiture outfit, not because it's stylish but because I find it to be very practicle. A pair of "dockers" type pants, a tee shirt , and a long sleeve button up shirt. It protects the arms and neck from the sun, poison oak or what ever else you might be exposed to. With the shirt unbuttoned and untucked it is pretty causal but all tucked in it is dressed up enough for all but the most snooty of restuarants, and I feel comfortable wearing it into church or to give a blessing.

I wear this outfit to school, into the woods and on dates and I have never felt over or under dressed in it until just recently. While Ryann and I were in Humboldt we went to the farmers market on saturday morning in Arcata, the town that is home to Humboldt State, and I fetl like I had walked into a biker bar wearing a tux. Everyone was wearing tee shirts (with the exception of the girls in halter tops) even though it was cool out, lots of baggy and torn jeans, lots of tie dye, lots of billowy hippy dresses, lots of beards and lots of dreds. There was not so much, deoderant, shaving, showering, or general personal hygene.

Ryann and I had a talk about whether hippies all just end up in Humboldt or whether being in Arcata just turns otherwise clean people into hippies. We never reached a conclussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home