My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

making bread is happy

Making bread is happy
Eating bread is happy
Eating bread you baked is the best.

This is what I explained to my mother this evening.

I thought I was going to a church "pot luck" type social this evening, so between last night and this afternoon I baked a dozen mini loafs of bread, some potato bread and some french bread. I love making bread I find it very pleasing to the senses.

The smells of yeast and rising dough and the loaf fresh out of the oven. The subtle warmth of freshly milled flower (that's right I start making bread by grinding my own flower) the soft and yielding potato dough as I knead it, the stickiness of the french bread dough after rising in the fridge all night. The golden browns of the loaf done baking. And of course the taste of warm bread and melted butter as you take a bite.

I much prefer baking bread over cookies or some other dessert (not that I'd pass up a slice of pie for a slice of bread,) It just makes me happy to bake bread and to share it with others. I gave a loaf to a girl last night and another today to Eileen after learning the church social was cancelled.

It bothers me that other people don't bake bread. They may argue that it takes along time, to witch I rebut "nuht uh." 15 min to put together your dough and then you put it in the fridge and forget about all day, then when it is time to start diner you shape the loafs or rolls and then through it in the oven. Now that is a bit over simplified but it is the gist of it.

Bread is simple. Bread is happy.

Make some bread.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Boy u trippin

March 01, 2006 4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mice
are
kinda
in
garfield
but
really
eat
apples
dangerously
incessantly
seriously
have
a
pretty
puppy
Yup

Sugar sugar sugar sugar sugar, ahhhhhhhh
shaved monkeys dancing

March 02, 2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home