My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Inheritance

My uncle brian is in town this week trying to get the estate of my late grand father in order. Early on we were each asked if there was anything that had been special to us or that we wanted. In my case there are a number of items, the first was a pair of cufflinks. I have a well know affinity for french cuffed shirts and a rather respectable collection of cufflinks, so I wanted a pair of my grandfathers to add to the collection. The second was a rotary phone. In my grandfathers house he alwasy had rotary phones and I am young enough that I associate them closely with my grandfather and time spent at his house (my mother got the brass canon that is the other thing I think of when I think about going to grandpa's as a child.) I also asked for some music and some of his camera equipment.

As a teenager I wanted to go into photography and I had used much of grandpa's extensive collection of older camera equipment. Much to my surprise I was given ALL of that photo equipment, this I think was in part because I know what it is and knew that he had it so that I could ask for it. The other half of the reason would be that it is essentially all obsolete and I own a camera that is old enough that it works with his lenses.

The other things I resceived from the estate are a large number of dress shoes. many of which are dancing shoes.

I am pretty jazzed about the things, now all I have to do is figure out where I can keep all of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home