My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, January 02, 2006

After SF with Marquel

We drove from SF to Oakland to see the temple all dressed up for Christmas. We went into the visitor center and did the interactive display on family. I had not seen it before and I thought it was very well done. Much of it is based around the story of a family losing their grandfather, and having just lost a grandfather it was kind of emotional for me. Next we watched to evening concert, it was a father and daughter and I thought that they did a very good job. The daughter was only about 15 and I was impressed by how well she did especially.

After the concert ended Marquel and I started to wander the grounds. We ended up on the terrace and there was a "we need to have a talk" moment. the kind of "we need to have a talk" that make your head fall to your feet. As we sat on a bench and looked out into the night, Marquel told me that she enjoyed going on dates with me but didn't want anything more than that right now. She had been dating John for so long that she felt that she needed to be single for a while and become reaquanted with who she is. The problem with this is that I was falling in love with her, but I knew she was right.

That night and the next morning I thought a lot about what she had told me she needed and about where I was emotionaly. The next morning we had a previosly schedualed date to have breakfast and see "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" during breakfast we didn't talk about the conversation from the night before. We went from breakfast to the theater in our seperate cars and after the movie I walked her to her car and told her the decision I had come to. " didn't think I could just hang out with her and go on casual dates I needed to give her space so she could find out who she is with out me getting hurt. I told her I was deleting her number from my phone and that for at least a month I would only see her at firesides and other activities that we would both be at. then I opened her door gave her a hug and walked away.

I still have feeling for her. I have seen her a couple of times since then and last night we talked for a while. I beleive very much that she should know who she is, my one concern is that her Exes aren't giving her that space and I fear that she will go back to dating one of them, witch would prevent her from learning what she needs to about herself and would lower the odds of me have another chance with her in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home