My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

car? CAR!

so I now have a car. Not that I didn't have a car yesterday, but today I really have a car. After class this morning I went to the dmv, stood in line 20 min or so and got my number, B083. the screen said B061 was now being server so I went next door to my polling place and voted Yes on everything but prop 80. Then went back to the dmv and B076 was being served so I trotted to the grown-ups house and check my email then went back. B081, time to take a seat. I was only at the counter for a minuit and got my new temp sticker, there was no charge and that was cool, then I went back to my grown ups and checked online for insurance info.

Progressive quoted me $590/six months and said Geico would be $700/ six months. I tried checking 21st century which my parents have but the website wouldn't let me get very far. Then mom came home and after trying the website again I called 21st. I got my insurance for $370/ six months and mom got a $50 gas car for refering me.

Well I then went to start my car and guess what... nothing happened. Last time I sat in the car, about a month ago, it started just fine. I think , maybe the lights got turned on and the battery is totaly drained. I pop the hood and the battery is disconnected. I try and connect the cables to the terminals but they don't reach. Something is weird here, is this even my battery? I call Jason: "no, I don't know anything about it. I can take a look when I get home from work if you want." I talk to David: "yeah, Jason took it and put it in his nissan." I go and buy a new battery and leave jason a voice mail telling him that he will need to pay me for this battery I was buying. I think un-christlike and fairly violent things at him, more for the petty lie, but the fact that he stole my car battery is pretty low.

Once the new battery goes in I start the car and drive to work.

I don't know what to think. I know I am going to bike less and that bums me out, but it is nice to own something and feel kind of grown up.

the pros and cons are zipping through my head to fast to type. I miss life as a kid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

okay, I know it was messed up, but its kind of funny that he took it like "yeah he won't notice" LOL.

November 10, 2005 12:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Crystal said...

man, that's just like a younger sibling. My sister's do that all the time. One time, my sister stole my purse, dumped all my stuff out on my bed and hoped I wouldn't notice that the thing that was holding all that stuff was missing...

November 10, 2005 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home