My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Friday, November 04, 2005

The Concert

Inspite of the fact that "Bimbo's 365 Club" sounds dirty it is actualy a very upscale place. It only seats about 300 or so it is fairly intamate and is very swank. Rosie, Marquel and I sat at a table about 40 feet from the stage and on a slightly raised platform.

The opening act was Corn Mo who no of us had never heard of before. He is most likely a highly trained musician, He plays the paino very well and his vocal range and control are impressive. However, most of his song where acompanied by accordian that is not played with the skill of a Weird Al, or a John Linnel, and His songs tended to the sophmoric.

TMBG did a set that covered all their bases. Opening with some of their classics then including some of their newer songs. They included the "grown-up version" of Robot Parade and The Alphabet of Nations off their kids albums and did a pair of "venue songs" teasers. I enjoyed the entire set and I think the girls enjoyed it as well, Rosie more than she had expected, perhaps. My favorite was probably... well all of it was great.

This is the third time I have seen them live, and they seem quite audiance driven and this audiance was not as high energy as the others have been, but they still did a double encore.

Well I am glad I got to go, next month BNL is coming so there may be another concert review soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home