My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

with friends at the lake

Saturday I celebrated life and the end of summer with some friends at lake natomas. It was fun.

I had gotten to the lake later than I had planned because Eileen had needed a blessing, and once I got there It took a bit of time to get everyone who was there to the same spot. Rosie had parked across the harbor at the aquatic center, so I rowed across to get her and we caught up with Suz and Jeffery. But I was unintentionally ignoring Cheryl while this was going on. Rosie gave me an awesome belated birthday gift: a pair of cufflinks in witch each cufflink is a functioning compass. then I took Rosie out and brought Crystle in.

Crystle, Cheryl, Jeffery, Suz and myself then play some croquette. The Lawn in the park in level and cut very short making it but for the game than the average backyard would be. Jeff had previosly menioned that he was ruthless when it came to playing games and I got to see that in action, the result of course being that I wacked his ball of into the nether realms and only Cheryls misfortune kept him from coming in last through the wicket. Crystle in her usual unassuming, "I'm not very good at this" style of game play beat us all. I think everybody enjoyed the game and I got to drop Suz on the ground;)

As the afternoon progressed Shirly, Crystal, Cory, Sherly's sister, and not Shirly's kill joy of a husband Chris joined us. We BBQ'd chicken and Sausages and ate chips and watermellon. part of the plan had been to make Ice Cream but we were going to use an electric churn and there was no outlet. Yet another reason for me to buy my own Dewer!

Anyway, Suz and Cheryl took the two-man kayak out and quickly where zipping out into open water. Jeffery tried taking my kayak out and hilarity insued. Actualy it was only funny after I was sure he wasn't dead. he rolled the kayak and I rushed into the water getting my pants and phone wet (it has been wetter and after two days on the shelf it was fine). he convinced me he wasn't going to get himself dead, I allowed him the wrestle as he would with the kayak. that was the entertaining part.

I also went out in the kayak for a while, this time Jeffery was with Cheryl in the two-man and we went to the north sde of the lake and paddled around the islands there. I enjoyed it as always and the company was nice.

As it got dark we started to wrap things up for the night. I had a lot of fun and I hope everyone else did as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude! I KNEW that kayak was EVIL!! It's dumping all kinds of people out!

October 06, 2005 1:43 PM  
Blogger sharebear said...

Naw, SOLO, it's just the Darren curse. He and his kayak both! Today I was in a different kayak, and while supposedly "helping" me get into the dock, he tips me out. I smell a conspiracy of Pinnegar proportions!

October 08, 2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home