My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

A Confusing Play

So Rosie and I went to support Suz and Jeff by watching their play. The first play was a short one act, Jeff and Suz played a newly wed couple and it was very cute.

The second play was Ford’s Box and it much harder to follow. From the title I had expected it to be about the model T. It was not. It was about the people who where in the box at Ford’s Theater with President Lincoln when he was assassinated. I am fairly well versed in US history and I caught on that Mary Todd was Mary Todd Lincoln fairly quickly but she was the only one whose name I was familiar with. Mrs. Lincoln, it is well known, was mentally unstable what I had not known is that the other man on that balcony went insane afterwards as well. Since the play has to do with someone who was insane and someone else who was going insane it was rather difficult to follow.

The play was visually appealling to me. I particularly liked "the actor" and the audience interaction entertained me as much as it confused the rest of the audience, but if you are one of tose people who are bothered by things that don't make sence to you, Ford's Box might not be your cup of tea

Lastly I hope that I didn’t offend the actors too much but If they are going to violate the space of the audience then they should be prepared for the audience to enter their space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home