My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Thursday

Thursday morning I went to class late, because I wanted to double check my test more than I wanted to be on time. After class I went to my parents house and helped clean the kitchen with Jordan so I could take him out for a while. Then Rosie came over and Jordan and I invited her to go downtown with us and watch the National Fencing Championships and she agreed. However she did try and get us lost on the way there.

Neither Jordan or I fence however like most boys we fight with sticks as often as we can (Jordan has a a scare over his left eye from running his face into a stick I was holding a few months back) and we really like all thing bladed and or pointy, so fencing seemed pretty cool. For the first little while we just randomly watched then I started asking people questions and they clued us in a bit. We also went and harrassed the vendors for a few minutes.

On our way back to the car Jordan and I tried to scale a building then pretended we where racecars and zipped down the side walk. Rosie was only a little bit mortified and that shows some inprovement on her part but she stil takes herself too seriosly to imagine her own racecar and join the fun.

After we took Jordan home, Rosie and I hoped on the freeway and headed for Berkeley. John who is currently at the sumer session at Cal had gone back and forth as to how he was coming back home for the weekend had finally said he wanted us to come get him. The drive to Berkeley went fine but once we got into that strange little city, between Rosie's driving and Johns directions, we go rather lost. (As a general rule do not use landmarks that are forty feet below eye level when giving directions.) in the process we learned that it would seem Berkeleys only enforced law is its parking policy.

John showed us his dorm room and introduced use to his roomy then conviced us that we didn't want to drive into S.F. so we had Dinner at the Chevy's on the bay in Emeryville. then we went down by the water for a few minutes and got in the car and drove home.

The hardest part of all this is that we where trying to keep the fact that john was come up from Crystal, so he could surprise her at her birthday party friday, and she kept calling us. First she'd call John then she'd call Rosie then she'd talk to me, there was a lot of misleading ambiguity. It was all very amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home