My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Date on the lake.

I have pondered extensively on the question of wether posting about a date would be a form of "kiss and tell" and decided that since I do nothing untward on dates so it is ok and this is my journal and I would want my grand kids to read about that part of my life. So here it goes.

Wednesday afternoon I went on my first "real date" in a while. Not just going to the movies with a friend but actually asking a girl you don't know much about but might be interested in, to go out and do something so you can find out a little more about them. Sunday at church I asked Michelle if I could take her to dinner on Wednesday she said yes and I told her I would give her a call (honestly I find that part a bit nerve racking). On Tuesday I asked her if she'd be interested in going kayaking before dinner and she agreed.

So Wednesday afternoon I picked her up and we drove out to the aquatic center where I decided to rent one tandom kayak rather than two solo kayakings, and we head out onto the lake. I now think my chose of boats was a mistake for several reasons. first, a tandom kayak puts two people one behind the other, this means you cant look at each other, which makes conversation a little harder. Second, one of the reasons I had picked a tandom was that Michelle had never been kayaking and I thought it would be easier than having her own boat, but I had never been in a tandom so we never quite figured out the best way to paddle and steer the boat. Lastly and least important, I have rather long legs and the solo kayak seemed to better accomodate them. Inspite of that it was alot of fun. The weather was warm but not to hot and the water was not nearly as cold as I expected. We sent across the lake and through a tunnel to a cool little delta, I had never been to that part of the lake and it was rather pretty. Michelle was nice to talk to I learned that we have some simular interests but differant tastes in food (she dosn't like pie, and I hadn't know that was possible)and a little bit about her family.

After the lake we went to dinner. We went to a fun little restraunt called barbacoa, it is new a neither of us had been there but we both enjoyed the food. the atmosphere was very festive and I only felt slightly out of place wearing board shorts to dinner. I had a salad and Michelle ate a sandwich, good choses for dinner when it is still eighty some degrees outside.

I feel like it was a success, and I hope she had as much fun as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home