My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Jewish Weddings are so worth Crashing

Jewish Weddings are fun if you have never been you should make some Jewish friends and help them get hooked up. Or just bring your own yamecha crash one.

My Friends Avi and Barbara got married on Sunday afternoon and I was there. The ceremony switched back and forth between Hebrew and English and the rabbi would explain everything that was happening for the benefit of the gentiles present.

The Food at the reception was great and there was fun dance where people (including me) hold up the bride and groom in their chairs and sort of dance with them while other people form a giant ring and dance around them.

I found the cultural elements really neat, and I gain some fascinating insights. I thought it very interesting that there is not much difference between praying or reading the scriptures and singing, since the first two are down in a melodic chant. I also found it fascinating that even the wedding ceremony mentions the oppression of the holy land.

Really it was a good time even if I did have to split early and head to the hotel.

I wish Avi and Barbara the greatest joy, I know they will be happy together, if only Barbara can keep him inline ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home