My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, August 01, 2005

book

I honestly don’t read much non fiction as leisure reading. And while summer school was going I wasn’t doing much leisure reading at all, but last week I picked up a book from my book shelf called “How I Accidentally Joined the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy (and Found Inner Piece).”

Now before I go on I should mention that not only am I conservative, I am very conservative. I think Social Security is unconstitutional and that the direct election of US senators should be reconsidered, that is how off the chart right wing nut job I am.

The book is a memoir by Harry Stein. A journalist who was a anti-war protestor in the sixties who has slowly moved to the right over the last 20 years or so, due to moral issues that have come up since having children. I liked the book because Mr. Stein clearly articulated the importance of morals, values and standards to our culture, from a non-religious point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home