My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Birthday Detective

The morning after my birthday I got a ring on the tellie. A young women asked if I was up for a scavenger hunt. I had been about to head to my apartment and get all cleaned up for the day, but I figured "sure why not."

The first clue was delivered by a cute blonde girl , who before giving it to me requested I pat my head rub my tummy and jump up and down on one foot while reciting the alphabet from Z to A. (this happens to be a special talent I have) the clue said something along the lines of "your birthday gift is not a boat, so head to where you'd get a root beer float." Of course, there where also instructions not to follow the messenger and a sign I had to wear around my neck, there was also a time limit.

I was not yet certain who was the hunt master, but the list was fairly small. It is no small secret that I love ice cream and that I love root beer and that I love ice cream floating in root beer, but this person knew where I went for root beer floats, and that I could do the jump on one foot thing AND had access to cute messenger girls at 11:00am on a Tuesday.

I got to A&W quicker that the hunt master had expected since I was driving rather that biking and I happened to see cute messenger girl running into said rootbeerery (if that ain't a word it should be.)

Inside the store it turned out to be a different cute blonde girl with my clue but first I had to do the pop corn popping song with hand motions... so the hunt master was definitely LDS. My next clue instructed me to have a root beer float then go to the store that bore my middle name. Okay, I got two floats one for me and one for cute messenger girl #2. By now I had my educated guess as to the identity of the hunt master and having softened up the messenger with a tall cold one I did my level best to get her to crack. No luck this kid could play hard ball, but I could read the signs in her eyes and I knew I was on the right track.

Across the parking lot and in the store with my name I found cute messenger girl #1, with the bold request that I do 10 push ups if I wanted the next clue, she was driven a hard bargain but I talked her down to 5. The next Clue sent me to row 8 and their was Cheryl with a copy of Bed, Bed, Bed. I had been right on the money, the cute messenger girls where here nieces that was why they looked like her sister. Bed Bed Bed is the best bedtime story/children's cd ever written and recorded by an alterative rock band and if you have never heard it I recommend it highly.

Anyway, thanks Cheryl, and here's lookin' at you kid.

2 Comments:

Blogger sharebear said...

The girls are actually my cousins. Hope it was happy.

August 15, 2005 8:52 PM  
Blogger Lavenderstrawbry said...

Wow you are so loved to have someone go and do a scavenger hunt for you. Lol last time anything like that happened to me, there was a pillow case over my head and I ended up having breakfast in my pajamas.

August 17, 2005 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home