My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Date to the Lake

Saturday afternoon I had a date to the lake. Cheryl had invited me to go with her to Folsom Lake along with her Brother and Donna (a girl in my ward) she also invited Jordan along as a companion for her sister. Jordan and I had borrowed a tandem sit-on-top kayak from a neighbor and we had packed mine as well.

Donna and Mike attended to the grill while Jordan and Cheryl went for a ride in the tandem and I swam in the lake with Krista. We also played some Frisbee. For diner we had hamburgers and watermelon. Then I took Cheryl on the kayak, we paddled out to a tree growing in the lake and I tried to climb it, but I couldn’t. We also paddled out to a big rock. I really enjoy Kayak with someone; it is far more fun that way.

I think Cheryl was content with the outcome of the Mike and Donna set up, the two of them had gone for a nice long walk after diner and had had a good opportunity to get to know each other. On the other hand I feel that Krista was kind of cheated. This is not to say that Jordan is not a fun and nice guy, but he lacks skill in the date department and, Cheryl had gone to a lot of work to get Mike and Donna on a date and had just kind of grabbed someone convenient for Krista. I of course have never been one to decline a social invitation and I think all of us had fun. (please note that Jordan and Krista did in fact go kayaking together at some point after diner)

The only bad part of course was that it ended and I had to go into work for another overnight shift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home