My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Darn Theives

this weekend I got less sleep that usual. A little more than none but not as much as I would hope. that didn't mean that I was able to fall asleep when I climbed into bed at 10:00 sunday night. I was still awake around 11:00 when Crystle R called and asked me if I was still planning to head out Kayaking under the full moon. I decided that it still sounded like fun so I told her to meet me at my parents house between 11:30 and midnight.

I loaded my new Kayak up and grabbed everything we would need and when Crystle arrived we drive out to the lake. The full moon gave plenty of light and the night was beautiful. We stayed on the lake until I was all the way soaked then we headed back. Pretty quickly after getting back up to the car little thinks seemed wrong. I was sure that I had brought my hooded sweater but I couldn't find it, and the car smelled faintly of cigarette smoke. Then I noticed that the things that would normally have been under the seats where infront of the seats so I asked Crystle to check and make sure her things were still where she left them. They were not. As best I can figure the rear hatch didn't latch after I unloaded the paddles and while we were on the lake someone climbed in and burglerized us.

Crystle lost her keys and cell phone, I lost my book bad (I really liked that backpac and they no longer make that design :( In the book bag I had three rented dvds, and my cell phone and some mail. I was affraid that my mothers wallet had been in the car but as soon as we got back to the house I saw it. Crystle called cingular to get her phone turned off and my mother heard us talking and came down stairs. I told her what happened and she went back to bed.

While talking to my mother it occurred to me that my keys and Crystle keys were both taken as well as documentation with my address and my parents address on it. So, we decided it would be a bad idea to leave Crystles car infront of the house as had been the original plan. She called her roadside assistance people and they said we would have a tow truck in half an hour or so. Crystle and I sat in Davids car and talked and I dozed off. Aparently my dozing off did not mean that we stopped talking and according to Crystle my Subconscious mind thinks redheads are evil. In fact it told her so.

After two hours we called back the tow truck people and the finaly showed up around 5:30. We got Crystle's car back to her place and after much door banging she was able to get inside.

Around 6:30am I went to bed. I slept a few hours and still made it to school on time. I hope Crystle was able to get her Key issue fixed today my appartment will be rekeyed tomarrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is so awful, I am sorry darlin. ...But if you think red heads are evil, why do you dye your hair red? Is your subconscious trying to warn people? LOL

October 22, 2005 5:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kermit the Frog is left-handed.

October 23, 2005 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home