My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Big $pender

The past 24hrs I have spent more money that I have spent in the whole month prior. I have been rather indulgent in the little things, such as buying ingrediants for a fancy salad when a sinpler one would do or buying a bag of candy just because. I also have made some long term purchases. In priesthood session the prophet reemphasized the value of food storage, so I have been working on getting 6-12 monthes for Jeremy and I. In cased of emegancy we will be living on rice, oatmeal and peanut butter sandwiches. Yesterday I invested $50 or so that direction. I also saw a piece of camping gear that I don't have and thought to be useful so I bought it another $10 gone.

While at work I looked on ebay but I had the self control not to buy a wet suit, mainly based on the thought that It probably wouldn't fit. Then today I spent the big money... I bought a second Kayak. One of the local rental places was selling off some of their of their invitory for the winter and I went and looked to see what they had. I looked for a long time and asked some questions honestly undecided on the issue. I nearly left without spending any money, then I surprised the sales guy I had just told I was going to head home and maybe come back monday buy saying I wanted to buy the last one I had been looking at.

The reason I bought the boat was because I wanted to. However the selling points of the boat are as follows. It is a sit inside "2 1/2 man" meaning it has seating for two adults and a child, yet its seats adjust so it can be used as a "1 man." It also has a streamlined smooth tracking design that I like and it is as good of a value as I will find on a "2 man" and I want to be able to go kayaking with other people.

So, if you wanna go kayaking just let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

October 23, 2005 11:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In Denver, Colorado it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.

October 23, 2005 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dars, It should be Jeremy and me.

your welcome.

November 02, 2005 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home