My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

back to SF with Marquel

One of the more amusing things done during this blog hiatus was head on a trip to San Francisco with Marquel and her roomies and their respective beaus.

We took off around 9:00 and wound through the city for half an hour or so and ended up at the palace of fine arts. Now, I am well aware that San Francisco has more landmark buildings than any other city on the west coast, coit tower, the trans american pyramid, the ferry building at embarcadero, Ghirardelli Square, etc, etc, but my two favorite, by far, are their city hall and the palace of fine arts, not only are both beautiful but I have fond memories of each. So when the group decided that we would stop and visit the palace of fine arts, I was in complete agreement.

After climbing out of the car we started down the side walk causing the upset to the indolent pigeons who were loitering there. the pigeons in that park are so lazy that as I passed one that was sitting on a fence I reached out and hit it with the back of my hand. I found it very amusing that I was able to do this. Shortly there after we were roaming beneath the grand cupola and I decide I was in the mood for an adventure... I many circles it is common knowledge that this mood of mine is often followed by mischief. it so happens that some of the smaller service buildings adjacent to the palace of fine art's rotunda have terraced planter beds by witch means someone could have perhaps accessed said service buildings roof, and while that someone was on the roof the rest of their party may have joined them there and two lovely young ladies may have even gotten into a scarf fight and practiced ballet pirouettes. Now, that is something that may perhaps have happened at some point to someone. While the six of us were there we wandered the grounds and utterly enjoyed ourselves without once being addressed by security or any law enforcement personnel.

After we ate lunch at the PoFA we drove and parked at Fort Mason. I feel one of SF's great treasures, and best kept secrets is free parking at Fort Mason one block from Ghirardelli Square and two blocks from the Hyde st. trolley and a mile tops from pier 39.

At Ghiradelli Square we bumped into Nathan, his girl friend and the magnificent Courtney, with whom we sat in the Ghirardelli café and had coco. After the café we wandered the shops and began a leisurely walk towards the pier 39. It had been decreed by fiat from some one in our party that we would have clam chowder there for dinner. We ended up at the toy museum at fisherman’s wharf with several cold girls and not much desire to keep going, so I went back and got the car and met back up with everyone, while I was getting the car they got chowder except Marquel who doesn’t like chowder. She was very cold and it took her a while to warm up inside the car.

I have made many trips down to SF over the years and in all honesty I don’t think I have ever had a bad day in that city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home