My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Friday, December 30, 2005

trees and traditions

The 10th of December was a Saturday this year. That in and of itself has very little importance, but it happened to be the day this year that my family did one of our most important tradition. By most important I mean oldest and most fun and when it comes to tradition that means a lot.

Every year since my very first Christmas my family has gone up to the hills and cut a fresh Christmas tree. (That is not entirely true there was one year, when things were crazy busy ,that we settled for a lot tree, but none of us count that.) We always head up to Boa Vista tree farm, a nice family farm run by a sweet old man and his family, and get a redwood tree in the fifteen to twenty foot range for the living room. This year I was the one that found the tree we ended up cutting down.

For the third time Jeremy and I also got a tree for our place. The tree we picked was a seven footer that smelled amazing, for the first two days we had it I would constantly rub it to get the smell on my hands and in my room. The tree sat in the corner until Wednesday when I had the chance to buy a new tree stand and some ornaments then we decorated the tree and watched “A Christmas Carol.” I feel like my little apartment really had the Christmas spirit this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

The Christmas spirit is always nice.
-Tim

January 02, 2006 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Christmas tree farm is in Meadow Vista, not Boa Vista. Silly Speedy...

January 07, 2006 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home