My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Swing, swing, swing

This past weekend was the Sacramento Lindy Exchange, Three days and four nights of great music and awesome dancing, with the whole world invited.

Thursday was a normal thursday night swing at the german cultural center, I invited everyone I knew who showed even the slightest interst in dancing. Jordan Devon Jana and I went with others providing excuses like, "I have to work", "I don't feel well" and "I live in Indiana and have school friday morning" pshh. We got there to late for brothers to catch much in the way of a lesson and Devon was not feeling 100% but Jordan still made an impressive effort. Jana of course is a girl so she only had to follow and seemed to have a really good time. After leaving I stuck with the theme and fell asleep watching Swing Kids.

Friday I went to school in the morning the went and finished Swing Kids and got caught up on sleep.

Friday Night Swing was at Temple of the Eastern Star across the street from Sutters Fort and just a few blocks from Suz' place. I stopped in to say hi to her then went dancing. Live Band nice place and most of the people I danced with were out of towners. I had work at 11:00 so I dance as late as I could then I zipped in to work.

Saturday there was FREE dancing in the afternoon. I had told Jana to call me around 1:00 if she wanted to go. She called but said she wasn't able to go dancing so I called Christie and invited her. (along time ago I asked Christie to teach me to dance, she told me that she liked to do it but couldn't teach me. That would wait for another young lady) She agreed to join me. By the time we got downtown it was 3:00 I had thought dancing went until six but it ended at 4:30 so we only got to dance a little. Christie used to dance fairly often maybe she will start again.

As I was leaving I saw Ron (the super awesome dude who was playing host for the Exchange) and told him it had been fun. He was somewhat taken aback that I was not going Saturday night to see the legendary Barbara Morisee, to which I explained I could not justify the cost of the ticket since I would have to leave for work about 10:30. Ron then did something very nice for me and gave me a great deal on a pass for that night.

The bummer is I still didn't get to dance to anything by Barbara. I came in as she was wrapping up a set and she came back on as I was leaving. I did however get to dance to her live band and they were amazing. Saturday night I only had time for about 5 dances and so I danced with the people I had had the most fun dancing with earlier. The last Dance was with a girl named Amy from OR and it was the best I had ever danced.

Other people danced all night long Friday Saturday and Sunday but what I got was enough, it was more than enough it was Awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

GRRR!!! I've been swing dancing for 8 years! Don't invite me next time, and I'll cut your brake lines!

Love,

So-Lo Klap

March 31, 2006 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home