My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, November 05, 2007

lunch with mom and dad

On Friday I took my parents out to lunch. We went to the Oak Cafe which is on campus at ARC. It is the practical lab for the culinary arts program, each week they have a different menu depending on what the students are working on. Our Menu was an Italian menu developed by Kirt Spataro a big name chef here in town. For appetizers we could choose fried calamari or a vegetable soup (mom and I had calamari dad had soup) for entre the choice was hand made ravioli filled with fresh greens and ricotta (me and mom again) or Aqua Pazza a seafood dish with clams and halibut and potatoes (dad's choice) and for dessert there was Panna Cotta or Quince Crostada (we all chose the latter)

It was a good chance for the three of us to just sit and talk as well as a chance for me to support my school. While we waited for our seat dad and I watched Parker's blacksmithing class and over lunch I asked what was going on in the lives of my various siblings.

All in all it was a most enjoyable lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home