My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Bacon

I have decided I want to try curing some bacon, so today I was reading some recipes. Of the four I read three called for saltpeter and this has really been messing with my head. Because, I know that traditionally saltpeter is made by composting urine or guano. This has been turning my stomach even though I also realize that it is now made in some chemical plant and all kinds of chemicals are in my food. I guess that knowing bacon has been around longer than chemical plants is the problem I have not reconciled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home