My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

A Recap.

Things been kind of crazy for me the last few weeks, but here comes the recap...

This past week I got my Kayak, there is a baisc kayaking workshop being put on by a local shop in early March so I am signing up for that and will wait until after the workshop to take my boat out.

This monday was Valentines day, currently I don't have anyone special in my life but I still had a busy day. Work called on Sunday asking if I could work Monday and I managed to talk myself into saying no. (That can be hard for me to do because I like the money that comes from working extra hours.)

Nothing special happened during the day but I had commited to help my Grand Father put on a diner in the evening, this was his first Valentines Day since Nana died and he decided to put on a diner for alot of old family friends. He had me serving food and clearing plates, my parents were helping out in the kitchen, and my fourteen year old brother was helping out as well.
After that I went to ice cream with Crystal and Heidi. I had invited most of the unattached girls I know to join me at the local ice cream parlor figuring that they would enjoy heading out with a friend rather than doing nothing. Crystal and Heidi were the two who decided to take me up on the offer. After Ice Cream we went and watched The Phantom of the Opera. It was good but somethings that work on a stage just seem silly on a movie screen, one thing that stands out is Roul sing while being strangled by the phantom.

The rest of the week was pretty standard. Work, School, Etc.

however there are two items of note. The first is that I sat down and talk with my director of activities for ICC who I have felt was talking alot of responciblities on himself that should belong to other members of our council incruding me. The dialog was good it did not change the under lying fact that we have very differant leardership styles and have differant vissions for Inter Club Counsil, but it should keep him happy for a few days.

The other note is that I now have a new supervisor at work his name is Jason and he comes across as a stickler for rules and regulations. He seem to have the long term goal of being a Hotel GM for the company, this means things will become tighter at work and I may no longer be able to post blogs and check email from work...bummer.

...and just to keep the time line going here is a one sentance over view of the week before last. I worked sixty hours at the hotel and still managed to do fine on a test at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home