My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Mommy. Where did poodles come from?

Along time ago when fire still was cutting edge, and the most popular name for boys was Og or some derivation there of, Man began domesticating aminals. Evidence seems to inicade that very early on he selected the noble wolf to be breed into a companion.

Dog. Mans best friend.

However Dogs were not simply bred as companions. They bred to bring out the traits most disired by there masters. Hounds to track prey. Sheppards to tend flocks. Huskies to mush. and St Bernards to carry liqure to avalanche stranded, ladderhosen wereing, yoddlers in the alps.

So with this in mind I ask. Where did poodles come from?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poodles were originally hunters and retrievers, from Germany in the 1500s. The poor dears have those strange haircuts to keep vital body parts warm when they're in the water.

June 05, 2005 3:20 PM  
Blogger a.lost.boy said...

Thank you Alice, know I kow and knowing is half the battle.

June 26, 2005 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home