My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Recent Past

Well this week school started back up. I am still tweeking my schedule but it looks like I am taking history, geology, managing personal finances, art and student government. The history class is a survey course of western history from prehistoric time up to the renaissance, It is taught by a teacher I have had before and really liked, should be an easy A for me and that is good because my GPA could use some help right now. Geology is a lab class that may challenge my ability to stay awake (I have already dozed off once) but I might not even need it so I may be dropping it. In student government I am the President of Inter-Club Council, this is probably the most intensive element of my school schedule and I don't even get transferable credit for it.

This past weekend I got to go for a decent bike ride for the first time since Christmas. I rode some of the bike path that follows the American River then rode a few miles of rolling hills then I rode back in to work, I think I got in about thirty five miles. It felt great. I think that part of why I have not been sleeping well is related to the lack of physical activity in my life lately. I don't think I had mentioned my not sleeping well... I have not been physically able to fall asleep before two or three in the mourning since switching back from the night shift, but I am not getting to sleep in past sixish. I have had sleep issues before but this is the worst they have been since high school, it had actually gotten to point were it interfered with my short term memory, but today I am almost back to what passes for normal. Back on the subject of exercising, It has been harder to get the jogging in than I thought it would be when I set the goal of doing it twice a week. The combination of biking and jogging has left me rather sore.

<>
I have also gone an two dates this past week, two different girls, but both were diner and a movie and, honestly, I don't like those kind of dates. You sit and eat (which makes a lot of girls self conscious) and then you sit in theater and don't look at each other or talk to each other for a few hours. The date on Wednesday was with a girl name Cheryl who I found I have a lot in common with. We ate at olive garden and saw National Treasure because we spent to much time at the restaurant waiting to be seated to make it to In Good Company. The company, the food, and the movie were all enjoyable.

Monday's date was to Racing Stripes and a Sub shop with Suzie, a girl I have had a bit of a thing for, I thought the movie was dumb and the philly cheese steak was disappointing.

<>
Lastly, I have discovered Discworld. For those of you who have not, it is a funny place on the back of four elephants who in turn are on the back of an giant turtle. The author is Terry Pratchett and if you enjoy silly yet fairly well written I'd recommend the series <>

On the whole things seem entirely back to normal after the better part of a month feeling like a bald inverted bat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home