My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Happy Friday

Happy Friday. I just got done with my last night shift for the time being. I have been training my replacement, a nice girl named Courtney. I think she will do a good job. I am glad to be going bad to "normal" hours. Although I never have a truly normal sleep pattern, my body has not really adjusted to the hours I have been keeping the past three weeks.
Training Courtney has been a breeze, she has worked at hotels before and so I just had to help her get used to our software. In between training we competed at varied flash games (tonight I beat collapse) and learned new words (we both love dictionary.com). One of the hardest things about night shift is not getting bored.
There are only a few days left until school starts back up and I still have a lot to do, I am working on a remodel of my parents bathroom and I know the project will drop off once school starts, so I ought to work hard on it this week. I also need to go for a ride, due mainly to bad weather and the night shift I have been off my bike since Christmas. Today I will be installing new shifters and if the bad weather breaks I would really like to put in twenty miles or so.
Also on today's agenda is harvesting lemons. I know a widow with a large a productive lemon tree who I go see each January to clean off her tree. I hate the thorns but love all the tasty things that come from fresh squeezed lemons (there are few things I won't do for a slice of lemon meringue.)
Well, there is much to do today so I had best go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home