My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 14: Back to London

It is 8:30 and I am on the train back to london from York. I just went past two atomic power sites maybe 15 miles apart one with 10 cooling towers the other with eight it is amazing that no one even seems to notice them they are just part of the background. I have a 3 hour train ride and have the challenge of entertaining myself for that time, this afternoon I plan to go to the imperial war museum.

My train got into London at 10:30 (only a 2 hour trip) but it took me until 2:30 to get check into my hostel. As I said earlier, if I had pre-planned everything I would not have had to stress about where to stay and could have save some money, but if I had pre-booked everything I would not have had the freedom to explore, which I have loved. I don't think I would have seen York or Durham had I pre-planned everything, and they have made the stress worthwhile.
Well I got to the war museum at a quarter past 3:00 and was glad to find that it stays open until 6:00. I visited all the displays and found that the display on how WWII impacted the children of the UK to be very powerful, even more powerful than the display on the holocost.
There is also a large mural by John Singer Sargent depicting a mustard attack from world war one. I enjoyed the museum but I had thought it would go back farther in history, it starts with 1900, but I guess all that is at the british musuem.
At 7:00 I went to the chapel, where I was pretty sure the britania ward would have FHE, and got to know Sebastian while waiting for the rest of the ward to arrive. (it starts at 7:30) I gave the lesson using my sacrament thought, because there had been a comunications problem. Then we planned a movie game that had a round of trivia, a round of charades, another of movie theme song name that tune, and finally an act out a classic movie scene. It was fun and I had a great time.
Now I am back at the hostel and finally doing the laundry that has been plagueing me for a week. I hope not to be up to much longer because there is a lot I want to do in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home