My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Trouble with Cars

The following was extracted from a letter to Devon and so it is structured differantly the most of my posts

The breaking news from Darrenland this week is on the subject of cars. As you well know I am not much of a car person. I am more of a bike guy, but in the recent past I have been considering acquiring a car. It would be useful for things like transporting kayaks, staying dry on rainy days, getting to church on Sunday, and last and most likely least, going on dates. I was told a week ago that I could have a Rosie’s sorely afflicted Acura if I could get it out of her apartment complex by Wednesday, when the apartment complex would tow it away. I am a busy person so I didn’t get out to Rosie’s until late Tuesday evening. Father went with me and we started the car but it died right away. We put oil in it because it was low but that didn’t change anything so we ended up pushing the car out of her complex and a block down Folsom blvd where we left it in the parking lot of a hotel and restaurant and then we left it there for the evening.
As noted above I am a rather busy individual, I did not get back to the car until Saturday when Jeremy and I went up there with a car dolly rent from National rentals. It took several attempts to get the car onto the dolly due to the fact that we forgot fathers council to take a come-along with us. In the end we got the car secured and towed down the hill it is now sitting in the drive away of the vacant half of the duplex. The next step is to check out its diagnostic computer using the fun little gadget I borrowed from the lovely and gracious Ester. Hopefully, the computer will tell me why it keeps shutting the engine off immediately after it starts.
The next step will be to fix the DMV paper work. Rosie’s mom handed the title of the car to me but it isn’t yet in her name. They have had the car for a year but never registered it after getting the title, so I have an appointment at the DMV to find out how to get the title fixed. It will probably cost $200s minimum to straighten that out, maybe more. After checking the computer and talking with the DMV I will have an idea what it will cost to get the car working, then I can decide what to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home