My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Rain in May

In California it doesn't rain in May. Except of course when it does.

The past week it has rained heavily on several nights, and I have been reminded of how much fun it can be to ride in the rain. You didn't expect rain so you have no rain coat, you will be completely drenched by the time you get home anyway so you hit every puddle on the way. You revel in the warm precipitation that falls in great drops and forms tiny rivers from your hair down to your chin. You peddle as fast as you can in and along the streams that form on the asphalt. Your rear wheel kicks up a rooster tail that distributes road grime all up the back of your work shirt but you don't care about that.

Why is everyone else in bed don't they know how much fun they are missing?

It's wet. It's dirty. It is pure joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home