My Daze in Neverland

The Adventures of Darren in Neverland and the surrounding territories

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

I am a 27 years old, 6'3" tall, little kid. I am a full time student and Part time wandering adventurer.In august I finally went on my big hundred mile hike. I share an apartment with one of my brothers. (I have seven of them [brothers, that is, not apartments] and one sister) This year I intend to expand my adventuring repertoire to include Sailing and Canyoneering. backpacking trip this summer.

Friday, May 20, 2005

long over due: HHG2G

I should have posted this a while ago but here it is:

Late on an other wise ordanary thursday night David, Jason, Jordan, and I crammed into Davids truck, loaded it up with junk food, and drove the better part of an hour to the small inconspicuos town of Fairfield CA. And what, you may ask did fairfield ever do to diserve such a thing. It was home to the only theatre in Northern California that was showing The Hitch Hikers Guild To The Galaxy at 12:05am opening day.

I had made a tee shirt for each of us. Jordan's is my favorite, it reads "Equiped with genuine people personality" on the front and the back says "Another fine product of the Sirius Cybernetics Corperation". Most in my Family prefer Jason's, it reads "if there is anything more important around than my ego I want it caught and shot now!" My reads Zaphod Beeblebrox is my persident on the front and "count the heads" on the back. David's bears the timeless wisedom of The Guild "DON'T PANIC". We each proudly wore our towels around our necks like scarves and we each had a blast.

Many of the people there were clad likewise, if you love it enough to drive to see it at midnight, let alone drive to Fairfield you love it enough to bring your towel!

I thought the movie was good, yes it broke from the book, but that is okay, I already knew every punchline from the book by heart anyway! The kept the whale! This is incredably important, as Douglas Adam's falling whale may be the glue that holds my family together (at least the boys) and the things they added are funny.

All in all Doug would approve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home